Saturday, March 27, 2010

flowers and pillows - how do they go together?

I found a fun craft in a kids craft book a few years back. I've always wanted to try it. The idea was using flowers to pound some color into a plain white cloth.


 I had some left over pink fabric and decided to add the initials for fun.


I had the students bring in flowers and we picked some I had out front.


We covered the petals with wax paper, and pounded them with a mallet.


Some enjoyed pounding a little more then others.


Olivia  helped Alex pound the petals. They had a lot of fun pounding away.


Then we used "fluff" and filled the pillows.


lotta fluff going in and floating around the school room.


This was my favorite part - they cleaned up and I didn't have to tell them.


Cece was cleaning!! I loved it so much I had to take a picture if this one.


Karsyn loved her pillow and immediately had to try it out.


Cece loved her initials on it.


The pillows were a big hit - the flower petals didn't show up as well as I would have like, but the pillows were getting lots of love.


Oh, and don't forget a pillow fight.


Definite success with this craft project. It's easy when you only have 5 girls.


love'n on the pillow.

No comments: