Thursday, April 29, 2010

KIds Choice Craft week

Sometimes it's nice to break out of a routine and try new things. We were on the calendar to make a "spring craft" which usually means a duck, bunnies, or something that blooms.

While I was trying to figure out what to make, I had an eavesdropper see a picture of Elmo and start yelling, "Elmo! Elmo! Elmo"

Elmo is not my favorite character. I think if his voice was one octave lower - I wouldn't have a problem with him and if my kids wouldn't have got Elmo toys that were in permanent "on" singing mode, I wouldn't be so resistant to him.

They got their way and we made these cute Elmo faces. First they painted a plate with red paint.

Then we glued on eyes, foam mouth and eye balls, and a felt nose.

They did turn out rather cute and the kids loved them which matters the most!

No comments: