Monday, September 17, 2012

B b... is for Bumblebee

Today we talked about the letter B, which happens to be one of my favorite letters. I think my partiality is that my last name and my maiden name both start with B and there are so many beautiful and bodacious words that begin with B.
This was our song of the day:
I caught myself a baby bumblebee won't my mommy be so proud of me?
OW!! It stung me.
I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee won't my mommy be so proud of me?
EW!! It's sticky.
I'm licking off my baby bumblebee wont my mommy be so proud of me? 

The kids like this song - I think mostly because you stick out your tongue to sing the 3rd verse and it feels a little naughty. Who sings while sticking out their tongues?  answer: WE DO!

Big B. Little B. What begins with b?

balloon

baby bouncing on a ball holding a balloon

cute bangs & binki

This was our book today - a southwestern spin on Goldilocks & the 3 Bears

bugs begin with b

and this one - just because it's fun to read

binki & blanket leaning on a brown couch

a boy making faces

Kimball running after a Ball

Kimball (the only boy) bouncing a ball

Kimball was making funny faces at me

He can get so silly

this one made me laugh out loud

Abbey making faces

baby with ball

craft time: making letter B bee's.

Elle checking out the letter B

Abbey shows off her b

buzz buzz goes the bee

Elle with the glue.

Snack time - ooohhh yummy raspberries

Starla smiling (behind the binki), Abbey munching, and Elle crunching

Kimball is watching Donald Duck very intently. None of the kids were very interested in the fresh peaches & cantaloupe (I know they are crazy right?)

We were very busy bees today.

Kimball getting his wings to stick

and fixing the stripes - what a great bee

Abbey waiting for the glue.

singing our baby bumblebee song

Elle on the swings

Elle at singing time looking grumpy

Kimball & Abbey singing if you chance to meet a frown

Kimball on the swings with the girls

He was trying to hold on and not drop his sippy cup at the same time.

Elle singing 'You are my sunshine'

Starla hasn't tried singing with us yet, but she likes singing time and watching us make fools of ourselves.

Elle & Starla

Kimball waiting for story time.

Abbey & Starla getting ready for the next song.

Kimball's backward sunshine brightening our day

No comments: